Reading, studying, asking


Messy little trailer in a messy garage... my house is getting messy too as most of my time is spent in the garage!

I did a little bit of playing with the 12V battery power yesterday. Even managed to "fix" the Fan-tastic Vent. I thought it may have been wired incorrectly but it turns out that the vent only works if the vent cover has been opened. I am GENIUS!

The skirting for the vent proved near impossible to install! The screws (that a previous owner installed) went from the top of the trailer to the inside (to hold the fan in place) and were in the way of the screws that would be used to mount the skirting. I got creative by gluing small tubing to the exposed screws and then applying gorilla glue to the other end of the tubing before screwing the skirt screws into the tubing. Hope this works!


I seem to spend a lot of time on forums related to fiberglass campers. Search terms like "belly band" and "roll and tip" or "12V wiring" are becoming commonplace around here. My trailer doesn't seem to match the descriptions... perhaps I need new wire and maybe I will rewire everything?








I adjusted the hinges and latch on the storage cabinet doors so that it will hopefully remain closed rather than constantly popping open. Looks like the door may have been a little warped so wasn't able to close properly. Seems to stay closed now. Fingers crossed.

I spent most of this evening researching and then booking campsites. Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park and Aspen Beach Lakeview Campground will see us this camping season. A bunch of others are on first-come first-served systems so we couldn't reserve. Crimson Lake and Waterton campgrounds will see us knocking on their doorstep for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fixing the little things

Bought a Boler