Bought a Boler

I bought a Boler trailer. Really. One from 1975. It's a year older than I am! How is it that being in your 40's seems older when you compare it to a physical object of the same age?

Last night when we brought it home we had to go to an empty parking lot to practice backing up so that we'd be able to get the trailer into the garage when we got home. That was interesting. This morning we watched YouTube videos on how to do it properly (we weren't too far off in our technique).























Apparently I'm supposed to come up with a name for my Boler. Not really sure that's true but it's what all the 'cool kids' are doing. 

Some people name it based on the colour, but I plan to change that (not a fan of the current orange and white and sanded and grimey dirt colour that is currently coating my new little capsule on wheels).

Some people name their Boler based on the egg-shaped nature of the little trailer - doesn't seem right. 

I thought of giving it a proper name, Nicholas perhaps? I'd be able to say things like "Nicholas kept me busy all day" or "I spent the afternoon with Nicholas" and people would wonder what happened to my hubbie. "Hmm, wonder if James knows about this Nicholas that Colleen is spending all of her time with?"

I'll have to let it marinate. A name is so important - I must disagree with Shakespeare on this one!




Today we shopped for hitch supports, a coupler lock and a trailer-hitch ball. Tomorrow we go shop for solar panels and get the registration and new plate. I've got a feeling this could get expensive. I'm really glad that James was able to negotiate the price down so it feels like there's 'free money' to do some fix-up work.

Next step is to figure out how the existing wiring and appliances work and how I'm going to set up the solar panel and get it wired in place! 

I'd like to take the trailer it out for a test run next weekend. I'll have to make sure I know what's what and learn how to ensure the battery doesn't die before I get the solar panel set up (the battery doesn't get charged by the SUV while driving yet, I'll need to change the wiring harness on the Highlander and the trailer in order for that to happen.)

We rounded out the day today with a little bit of scrubbing at the mildew on the awning and cleaning up the inside of the trailer! Should the thought of cleaning and tweaking and poking about in a 13' bubble be so exciting? (perhaps egg-citing is more appropriate in this case?) <groan>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fixing the little things

Reading, studying, asking